Skip to main content

2012 Caretaker Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley

I continue on with Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer week.  Next, is the Caretaker Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley from the central coast of California.  This is a wine produced by the Central Coast Warehouse in Santa Maria , California.  This group produces wines under various labels, some for Trader Joe's.  This wine is said to be from sustainably farmed grapes, which I strongly favor.

I found this wine to not have much character or complexity.  I did not find anything distasteful, but I did not find much to really like.  There is a little bitterness on the finish that I did not enjoy.  We may not finish the bottle and will not buy more.  I  think you can find better pinot noir at Trader Joe's, such as the Fadeaway Pinot Noir that I previously reviewed.  The Caretaker Pinot Noir is featured in the Fearless Flyer at $9.99.

SC Wine Joe rating = 85

Comments